For more information:
Morgan Lanier or Olivia Mayes
Melissa Libby & Associates
DAD-FRIENDLY SPECIALS AND EVENTS AT ATLANTA RESTAURANT FAVORITES
Give Him a Father’s Day to Remember This June 17
ATLANTA (June 11, 2018) – Dad may love firing up the grill, but spending all day preparing a great meal keeps him from the gift he’ll treasure most: more time with family and loved ones. That’s why many of the Atlanta area’s best restaurants are serving up food and drink specials and bountiful brunch buffets for Father’s Day on Sunday, June 17.
At Bulla Gastrobar, dad and the kids can solve a fun crossword puzzle and “find the churros” drawing game to win a free order of churros. Offer good only on June 17. While the adults enjoy Bulla’s menu of authentic Spanish tapas, the little ones can order from the restaurant’s new kids menu. 404-900-6926; bullagastrobar.com.
Food 101 is opening early at 10 a.m. with a special Father’s Day brunch menu available until 3 p.m. Say “I love you, Dad” with dishes like fried green tomatoes, smoked beef brisket Benedict, buttermilk fried chicken and grilled salmon. 404-497-9700; food101atl.com.
Bring him to The Southern Gentleman for an afternoon he’ll never forget. The third annual Father’s Day Bourbon Brunch features the restaurant’s regular Sunday brunch menu along with barbecue specials from executive chef Danilo Q. Myers. Dad will also enjoy whiskey education, tasting areas, flight specials featuring Beam small-batch bourbons (Knob Creek, Baker’s, Booker’s and Basil Hayden’s) and a caricature artist. The restaurant is also open for dinner, 5-9 p.m. 404-939-9845; thesoutherngentlemanatl.com.
Drift Fish House & Oyster Bar is hosting a pop-up Father’s Day brunch with such dad-friendly offerings as deviled eggs, bourbon-cured salmon, pan-seared Gulf grouper, oysters on the half shell, lobster omelet, steak and eggs and the ever-popular Drift burger. The restaurant is also open for dinner from 5-9:30 p.m. 770-635-7641; driftoysterbar.com.
Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails in historic Crabapple features a three-course Father’s Day brunch menu. Enjoy such starters as loaded baked potato soup or sticky toffee pecan beignets before moving on to croissant French toast, fried chicken and sweet potato waffles, shrimp and grits, blackened Scottish salmon or Milton’s prime steak and eggs. Finally, top things off with buttermilk-glazed carrot cake, black and white brownie à la mode or “Elvis” monkey bread. Dinner features a dry aged prime burger and High West Whiskey flights for $20 that include Double Rye!, American Prairie, Campfire and Rendezvous Rye. 770-817-0161; miltonscuisine.com.
Every dad loves the top-shelf quality and service of Ray’s Restaurants, making any location a no-brainer for Father’s Day. Ray’s in the City (404-524-9224) in downtown Atlanta is serving its stellar à la carte dinner menu all day from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. In Alpharetta, Ray’s at Killer Creek (770-649-0064) offers a Father’s Day brunch from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ($42.95 for adults, $21.95 for children 5-10). Dinner is available à la carte from 5-9 p.m. Ray’s on the River (770-955-1187) is also serving a Father’s Day brunch from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ($45.95 for adults, $22.95 for children 5-10) and its à la carte dinner menu from 5-9 p.m. raysrestaurants.com.
Perk up dad’s day with a gift card from Perks Coffee in Marietta. Purchase gift cards online with the discount code “FATHERS18” and receive 20% off. The coupon code expires on Monday, June 18, so procrastinating gift-givers get an extra day! 678-903-5539; perks-coffee.business.site.
Make dad dinner by purchasing items from the retail section of Storico Fresco Alimentari e Ristorante by Saturday, June 16 (the restaurant and market are closed on Sundays). Lasagnas, platters and salads are available for easy pick up for those who aren’t too handy in the kitchen. Or appeal to the frugal side of dad and take him out for half-priced wine night and dinner at the Buckhead eatery on Monday. 404-500-2181, storicofresco.com.
Power his Sunday Funday by picking up some Sunshine at Kroger. At only 60 calories per can, the three refreshing flavors - Ginger Berry, Blueberry Lemonade, and Clementine Twist – rehydrate, replenish and reenergize both the body and soul with electrolytes, Vitamin B12 and just 50 mg of organic caffeine.
To prep for the big day, pick up some of chef Kevin Gillespie’s world-class barbecue at Terminus City during the weekly pop-up at ASW Distillery on Saturday, June 16. Terminus City is open from 11:30 a.m. until the barbecue runs out. 404-590-2279.
For fun Atlanta-area restaurants dad will love this Father’s Day or any day, try the following:
- 5Church Atlanta has a dad-friendly weekend brunch and à la carte dinner menu featuring hearty options such as the crab cakes & poached eggs, the bistro steak “a brasa,” the 5Church lamb burger, Atlantic diver scallops (dinner only) and the A-5 Kagushima wagyu rib-eye (dinner only). For a more intimate option, dad can share the 60-day dry aged porterhouse for two with his special someone. 404-400-3669; 5churchatlanta.com. la
- ATL Taco in Lenox Square serves a dad-approved brunch menu that the family patriarch can enjoy. Brunch is served from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. 404-841-7559; atl-taco.com.
- The brunch menu at newcomer The Alden (in Chamblee’s Parkview on Peachtree) features a modern twist on Southern classics like their harissa shrimp & grits and grilled steak & eggs Benedict. Sunday brunch is served 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. 678-395-6982; thealdenrestaurant.com.
Enjoy a steak dinner at American Cut and take dad up to the picturesque rooftop of The Regent Cocktail Club for pre or post-dinner bar snacks and cocktails from 4-10 p.m. Dinner service begins at 5 p.m. 707-415-9961; americancutsteakhouse.com/buckheadatl.
- Babalu Tapas & Tacos is open for brunch and dinner with such dad-friendly options as the churrasco steak—skirt steak marinated for 24 hours and served with freshly made chimichurri. 404-900-9595; eatatbabalu.com.
- Treat that special man to the ultimate Brazilian steakhouse experience at Chama Gaucha. For $46.50 per person, enjoy unlimited salad bar items, side dishes and 12 cuts of meat served by Chama’s colorful, swift-moving gauchos. Plus, each father dining at Chama on June 17 will receive a special surprise. Brunch is available from 1-3:30 p.m., and dinner is served from 4-9 p.m. 404-842-0011; chamagaucha.com/atlanta.
- The Federal serves Sunday brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and traditional American steakhouse favorites for dinner from 5-9 p.m. The famous 50-day dry aged steak is sure to compete with even his grill skills. For those who appreciate a stiff drink to begin or end an evening, flights of WhistlePig and other fine whiskeys are also available. 404-343-3857; thefederalatl.com.
- HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern has Sunday brunch with bottomless mimosas and live music from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and its Fried Chicken Night special (four piece bone-in chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and a vegetable du jour) from 4:30 p.m. to close for $16.95. (Midtown) 404-968-2288; (Brookhaven) 404-464-8971; hobnobatlanta.com.
- The newly opened King Barbecue at Avalon in Alpharetta boasts a wide selection of smoked meats in the traditional vein of Georgia barbecue alongside seasonal vegetable side dishes sourced from local farms for breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch. 678-248-5159; kingbarbecueatl.com.
- Dads love Ormsby’s winning combination of great food, an extensive craft beer menu, classic cocktails and a host of fun games from backgammon and bocce to darts, pool and shuffleboard. 404-968-2033; ormsbysatlanta.com.
- Seed Kitchen & Bar is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. serving brunch favorites (farmer’s breakfast, pan-roasted blue cod, smoked salmon & potato pancakes) with several Father’s Day specials. 678-214-6888; eatatseed.com.
- All Taco Mac locations are open as usual with their dad-approved menu of the Southeast’s Original Buffalo wings, the most craft on draft and 50+ HD TVs for enjoying all his favorite sporting events. tacomac.com.