Mom’s the word on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13. Shout out to your leading lady and to Atlanta restaurants for planning ways to give mom the royal treatment, whether that’s a relaxing brunch or decadent dinner.
Secreto Southern Kitchen & Bar is serving a special three-course brunch from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. with entrées such as eggs Benedict, Secreto corned beef hash, brioche French toast, a grilled salmon BLT, chicken and biscuit and coastal shrimp and grits. Wash it all down with a bloody mary or bottomless mimosas. The regular dinner menu is also available from 5-9 p.m.
A lavish brunch awaits mom from 12:30-3:30 p.m. at American Cut with lobster cake Benedict, spicy crab toast with avocado, Nutella-stuffed French toast and steak huevos rancheros. $65 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Or opt for the restaurant’s new à la carte dinner menu filled with hot and cold appetizers, steaks, specialty cuts, seafood dishes and sides from 3:30-7 p.m. Upstairs, The Regent Cocktail Club offers drink specials including mimosas and bloody marys along with a bar snack menu.
Treat Mom to chef Gerry Klaskala’s contemporary American cuisine at elegant Aria. Normally closed on Sundays, the restaurant is opening its doors on May 13 for an unforgettable Mother’s Day dinner from 4:30-8:30 p.m.
Mom will jump at the chance to dine Southern Brazil-style at Chama Gaucha. For $44.50 per person, guests receive unlimited salad bar items, side dishes and 12 cuts of meat served by swift-moving gauchos. Brunch is 1-3:30 p.m. and dinner runs 4-9 p.m. On Mother's Day, the Brazilian steakhouse is giving all moms a complimentary dinner for one voucher for a return visit.
Food 101 shows some love to all the moms out there with a special Mother’s Day brunch menu. Sip a 101 bloody mary and enjoy brunch specialties from chef Ron Eyester like crabcake Benedict, smoked turkey and mushroom omelet, steak and eggs and more.
Indulge in an epic Mother’s Day joint brunch buffet at Gypsy Kitchen and The Southern Gentleman. The event combines Gypsy Kitchen’s tour of Spain’s culinary traditions and The Southern Gentleman’s sophisticated take on Southern cuisine. Both restaurants are open from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Cost is $58 per person for adults and $24 for kids 12 and under.
Mom can feast her eyes on the city skyline while enjoying a scrumptious brunch buffet at 5Church Atlanta from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Offerings include Champagne deviled eggs; coffee-rubbed prime rib; honey-glazed spiral ham; Belgian waffles with maple syrup; shrimp and grits with roasted red peppers, pork belly and tomato gravy; blackened salmon; and pecan-smoked pork shoulder eggs Benedict. $40 for adults, $18 for children 12 and under (tax and gratuity not included). A limited dinner menu is offered from 6-10 p.m.
Livingston Restaurant + Bar in The Georgian Terrace is serving an extravagant Mother’s Day brunch buffet from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. featuring a selection of breads and pastries, omelet and carving stations, a cold buffet with fruits and salads, a hot buffet, a children’s buffet and a dessert station. $38 for adults, $15 for children ages 6 to 12 (complimentary for children ages 5 and under). Additionally, The Grand Ballroom also is open for Sunday brunch. Complimentary three-hour parking.
Drift Fish House & Oyster Bar opens its doors early on May 13 for a special pop-up Mother’s Day brunch from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. with such items as deviled eggs, bourbon-cured salmon, peaches and cream French toast, pan-seared Gulf grouper and wood-grilled steak and eggs.
Bring mom to Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails for a three-course, seed-to-fork prix fixe dinner priced at $40 per person featuring items such as pickled Royal Red shrimp toast, Southern fried chicken breast, grilled wagyu sirloin and blueberry-lavender panna cotta, all served from 4-9 p.m.
Beach ho! The Big Ketch Canton Street is serving up a bountiful Mom’s Day brunch from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. priced at $34.95 for adults and $19.95 for kids 12 and under. Specialties like blue crab mac & cheese, New Orleans jambalaya, two carving stations and more will wow mom. Regular dinner will be served alongside chef specialties from 4-9 p.m.
Ray’s Restaurants and Mother’s Day bond like Champagne and orange juice, thanks to Ray’s sumptuous buffets. At Ray’s on the River in Sandy Springs, enjoy such options as smoked salmon eggs Benedict, jerk-roasted Springer Mountain Farms chicken and hand-carved rosemary roasted leg of lamb from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. $47.95 per adult and $23.95 for children ages 5 to 10. In Alpharetta, Ray’s at Killer Creek is open from 9 a.m.-8 p.m., serving a bounteous array of signature brunch entrées including cheddar stone-ground grits, goat cheese pimento fritters, blackened grouper and Parmesan scallops with lobster risotto. $47.95 for adults; $23.95 for children ages 5 to 10. In downtown Atlanta, diners at Ray’s in the Citycan choose from such items as seafood-stuffed lemon sole and braised short rib pot pie from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. $45.95 for adults; $22.95 for children ages 5 to 10.
Sweets, Treats and Special Fun
Bulla Gastrobar, Atlanta’s leading spot for contemporary Spanish cuisine in a fun communal environment, invites diners to participate in a Mother’s Day social media contest for the chance to win a $50 gift card. Simply write one word to describe mom and indicate that you live near Bulla’s Atlanta location. Participants must like Bulla’s Facebookpage and follow the restaurant on Instagram. Winner will be announced on Monday, May 14.
If you’re looking for a treat that is as sweet as she is, bring mom in for a free donut at Duck Donuts on Mother’s Day! This offer is available for all mothers visiting Duck Donuts on May 13. Planning a Mother’s Day breakfast in bed? Pick up a box or two and give her a sweet surprise featuring all her favorite flavor combinations.
Make sure to get mom something as sweet as she is from one of the three locations of Henri’s Bakery & Café -- and plan ahead because Henri’s is closed on Sundays. Pick up special cakes, cupcakes, cookies and more by Saturday, May 12. Bakery orders require a minimum 48-hour notice. Buckhead: 404-237-0202, Upper Westside: 404-968-9412, Sandy Springs: 404-256-7934.
Gift mom breakfast in bed or make her dinner by purchasing items from the retail section of Storico Fresco Alimentari e Ristorante by Saturday, May 12 (the restaurant and market are closed on Sundays).Lasagnas, platters and salads are available for easy pick up. Or appeal to mom’s frugal side and take her out for half-priced wine night and dinner at the Buckhead eatery on Monday.
All moms visiting any Willy's Mexicana Grill location on Mother’s Day receive a Mother’s Day card with a coupon for $5 off any order of $15 or more to use for a future visit through the end of the month. Those restaurants closed on weekends will hand out cards on Friday, May 11. Excludes airport location.
The following Atlanta-area dining spots are offering their regular menus to show mom a wonderful time on Mother's Day or any other Sunday:
- ATL Taco, the new Lenox Square taqueria from chefs Shaun Doty and Lance Gummere, serves a mom-approved brunch menu from 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m., making for a welcome respite before or after shopping.
- The Sunday brunch menu at newcomer The Alden (in Chamblee’s Parkview on Peachtree) features a modern twist on Southern classics and other culturally influenced mainstays; served 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Every mom dining at Atkins Park Restaurant & Bar in Virginia-Highland on Mother’s Day is eligible to win a massage at Natural Body Spa in addition to enjoying brunch delights such as baked asparagus and fontina strata, artichoke and prosciutto frittata and challah French toast.
- Cast away to The Big Ketch Buckhead for live music and the regular menu of seafood favorites and chef specials starting at 11 a.m.
- Hola, Mom! Chido + Padre’s in Buckhead celebrates Baja Mexico’s fresh, coastal cuisine in a super fun atmosphere and serves brunch from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Midtown’s The Federal serves Sunday brunch from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and dinner from 5-9 p.m. so mom can experience French cuisine and traditional American steakhouse favorites in one elegant meal.
- Both the Brookhaven and Midtown locations of HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern are serving their regular brunch menus from 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. on Mother’s Day. Get mom to groove with $17 bottomless mimosas and live music from 1-4 p.m.
- All locations of Marlow’s Tavern are open for brunch as usual on Mother's Day. A brunch buffet or other special features are available at select locations; call for more information.
- If mom reminisces about grandma’s Southern dishes, chef Kevin Gillespie’s Revival in Decatur is the place, and it’s open for Sunday brunch from 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. and dinner from 5-9 p.m.
- Visit Seed Kitchen & Bar for its popular Sunday brunch from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Mother’s Day featured specials include croque madame (toasted semolina, Heywood’s Black Forest ham, Gruyère, Mornay sauce and a sunny-side-up egg); fried chicken and waffles with hot sauce butter; and fried green tomato Benedict (poached eggs with béarnaise, bacon onion jam and an English muffin). Seed will serve dinner from 3-10 p.m.